Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Amy Tripple Photography

Photography and Babies.

For those of you that follow Hip Hostess regularly, you've heard me talk about the baby boom in the lives of my friends and family...and how it causes me great confusion because of my lack of knowledge about bambinos and bambinas. But with the recent arrival of my beautiful new niece, I have found another aspect of babydom that I can understand and appreciate...photography and portraits!

When my brother-in-law and his wife showed us the photos prints that they had received of their newborn, I was floored. These are not the Sears photos that my generation got when we were growing up! Their amazing photographer, Amy Tripple, did an outstanding job taking beautiful pictures that highlighted all of the things that we love about babies - their little toes & fingers, their little bums, and itty bitty fat rolls (I wish they were as cute at 31 as they are at 3 weeks).


And Amy works with more than just newbies...infants and little kids are welcome too. No more awkward poses in front of a fake mantel at JC Penney. You can have fun picks of your kids that show their personality! My mother would have killed to have these options!

If you are in the Chicagoland area, definitely consider working with this gem of a photographer. Kids grow up so fast, and I think it is important to have great photos to capture these important moments in their life!


PS. I may be a bit partial, but these last two are my faves - it's my little niece, Makena!

1 comment:

Back Yard Betty said...

Hi I am a begginer photographer and blogger, I saw the photos of the beautiful babies on your blog.
I wanted to invite you to see my 2 new blogs and see what you think of my photo work.

http://kristinaleephotography.blogspot.com/

http://weddingonahalfdime.blogspot.com/

Would love to hear your opinion

thanks!