Thursday, July 23, 2009

Iced Tea with a Twist

Recipe.
This summer I have been craving iced tea like crazy! And what I've learned about myself is that I'm a bit boring when it comes to iced tea...I really just like the basic, old-fashioned, non-flavored tea. Since I'm usually not that way at all, I went in search of a slight twist on iced tea that wouldn't offend my traditionalist taste. And I found a winner!

This recipe below is very simple and imparts a subtle apple flavor. And what I love about it most is that you don't use any refined sugar or artificial sweetener (because I'm also trying to lessen my dependence on Splenda).

So kick back and enjoy a lazy summer evening with a big glass of this refreshing brew. Ahh...

Apple and Honey Iced Tea

3 cups water, boiling
4 tea bags
1/3 cup honey
3 cups apple juice

Steep tea bags in hot water for 5 minutes. Strain out tea bags, and stir in honey and juice. Mix until honey is dissolved. Chill and serve over ice. Serves 6-8

2 comments:

Pam said...

That picture makes my mouth water! I love regular tea too... we will have to try this one over the weekend!!

Rachel said...

Yum!