Wednesday, September 23, 2009

La Maison Du Chocolat

Chocolate Splurge.

I am a self-proclaimed chocolate aficionado. Sure...no one pays me to judge competitions or write articles about the subject, but my 30+ year love affair with this confection makes me feel like I could. Which is why I have to talk to you about La Maison du Chocolat.

La Maison opened on my block in NYC at the end of last year and I have been avoiding it ever since. All I need is to become addicted to a place that I have to walk by every single day. There aren't enough treadmills at the NY Sports Club to erase the damage that I could do. Alas, I caved in this evening during a fit of chocolate craving and OMG, OMG, OMG...I am in love.

The best part of these chocolates is that the complexity and intense flavor truly satisfies even the craziest of cravings in 1 to 2 pieces, making my fear of devouring an entire box in one sitting obsolete. My recommendations would be the Quito (Semisweet Dark Chocolate that has a lovely smooth matching ganache inside) and the Rigoletto Lait (Caramelized Mouse with milk chocolate coating). Trust me. They are SO worth it.

3 comments:

FireFlyNad said...

I am sitting here with a bar of Galaxy my mum bought over for me from England, I love my chocolate! I am glad they have an online store as they look delicious. I need something that feeds my cravings, but I don't have to eat the whole bar/box!! Thanks for sharing your love for chocolate.

Oh, My Darling said...

Mmm, I recently had chestnut-flavored ice cream at La Maison Du Chocolat. Such a delicious, elegant place!

anne m rubeo said...

Keep posting such wonderful posts.

original