Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lookin' for Some Hot Stuff

Food.

I have to say, today is one of the few times that I'm going to recommend something that I, myself, have not tasted. But I trust my mother, and we just spent 10 minutes on the phone talking about a cracker...so I know it has to be good. I'm talking about Brown Box Crackers.

Only sold on their online store, Brown Box Crackers is a Texas-based company run by a woman named Beth who has been growing exotic chile peppers organically since 1999. She takes all of this "spicy goodness" and bakes it into her crackers with a kick. According to Mom, these guys have a vibrant cheesy and hot pepper flavor that is unbelievably addicting. In fact, she's running low on her stash and seemed a bit concerned.




Besides using them for basic appetizers, I'm already thinking of ways that I can use these to spice up recipes. Maybe crumble them up and use them in place of dry bread crumbs in meatloaf or meatballs? Crumbled over chili? Crumbled over taco salad?

Yep...gotta place my order this week. Thanks for the tip, Mom!

UPDATE: I just received my very own package of these crackers. LOVE AT FIRST BITE!!! And highly addictive.

No comments: