Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kale Chips

Recipe.

What is with this kale chip craze? I can’t go anywhere without seeing people munching on kale chips. They are showing up in restaurants in place of bread baskets, I saw two people eating them on the subway and one munching while walking down the sidewalk. So, I decided to give it a whirl. I tried a couple of different recipes and ended up liking the Neely’s the best. It is not the healthiest as it contains 1 tsp. of brown sugar but I liked the way it offset the bitterness of the green. If you don’t want any sugar additives it can easily be omitted.



This healthy alternative is a great at home snack, especially when you get that craving for something sweet and salty. But on a side note, your smile after eating kale chips is not at its pearly best. Definitely don’t suggest eating them at a party, on a first date or on the subway!

1 comment:

Glamour Drops said...

Well kale is all the rage in the hippest veggie gardens out there, so I guess this is one use for it!