Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Skinny Cinco

Drink Recipe.

The day that I learned how many calories were in a margarita was a sad, sad day indeed. But when Cinco de Mayo rolls around, what am I supposed to do? You know that I'm going to drink margaritas and practically bathe in guacamole.

So this year, I'm going to give the Hungry Girl's Magical Low Cal Margarita a try. I have everything that is calls for already in my shelf and it sounds delicious. And if you've never tried any of the HG recipes, sign up for her daily newsletter or buy one of her books because they are awesome.



HG's Magical Low-Calorie Margarita

Ingredients:
3/4 cup Sierra Mist Free (or Diet Sprite Zero, or your other fave no-cal lemon-lime soda)

1.5 oz. tequila

1 packet (two 5-calorie servings) sugar-free powdered drink mix, lemonade (like the one by Crystal Light)

2 tbsp. lime juice
Optional: lime slice for garnish and salt or no-calorie sweetener for rim of glass

Directions:
If desired, run some lime juice along the rim of the glass and dip into a dish of salt or sweetener. Mix all ingredients together. Pour over 1 cup of crushed ice. Optional: Garnish with lime slice. Enjoy. Serves 1!

No comments: