Thursday, June 23, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream

Recipes.

When I was a kid, I remember that on hot summer days we would bring out the old ice cream maker. And when I say old, I mean old.

We'd all take turns cranking away at at a contraption that looked like an oxygen tank landed in a wooden bucket of ice. But all of our efforts were so very much worth the results. The homemade ice cream that resulted was so delicious that it made the stuff from the super market seem very sad.



Now there are a ton of ice cream maker options that don't cost a fortune or require a family of 4+ taking turns cranking a handle forever. And I'm dying to make some fun and unique flavored ice cream. Here are some that I found recently that have definitely peeked my interest:

Pine Nut Rosemary Ice Cream

Candied Apple Ice Cream

Cookie No-Dough Ice Cream

Cherry Bourbon Ice Cream

Maple Walnut

Raspberry Ice Cream

No comments: