Thursday, September 1, 2011

Black and White and the Kardashians



Please bear with me fellow hip hostess’ and allow me to vent about something that has been on my mind, Kim Kardashian’s wedding. I have started this post a couple of times only to stop and say to myself, “leave well enough alone.” But I don’t seem to be able to let that happen.

I watch “Keeping up with the Kardashian’s” and quite enjoy the show. There is nothing I love more than good, entertaining, and easy on the brain television after a harsh day of too much thinking. That being said, I was really excited to see all the details of the wedding.

Am I the only one who was severely let down? For instance, black and white theme…I get the old Hollywood theme and blah, blah, blah but you had a team of wedding coordinators and you couldn’t come up with anything a little more original. To play devil’s advocate, maybe she had been dreaming of this style of wedding for years, so at least give us some details that make us say “wow”. I see amazing weddings shown by our lovely wedding blog friends daily and never fail to be blown away by people’s creativity. Where was the creativity Kim? A 6 foot black and white wedding cake…c’mon!

Also, I think the fact that they were paid for their wedding cheapened it to just another episode of their realty show. Some things are sacred and I don’t think your wedding should be about swag bags and monetary gain. Are we really going to start making a business out of weddings?

Needless to say, my DVR line up just got a little lighter after last week.

1 comment:

Sécia Mischke said...

Agreed!

♥ sécia
www.petiteinsanities.blogspot.com