Monday, July 30, 2012

Pickler

Last week I was picking up my monthly allotment of mason jars which I use for yogurt parfaits in the breakfast packages when I was approached with this question.  “Are you a jammer?” to which I was like “Huh?”  Meanwhile I was picturing myself playing air guitar in my head…thinking…I’ve been known to be a jammer.  When it dawned on me that she had some questions regarding jam as in jelly.  

I have been a “jammer” before in my lifetime but would not consider myself someone who should be giving any kind of advice on the subject.  However, I am thinking of becoming a pickler.   I love pickled vegetables served along meats, in drinks and served in bowls for a tasty snack.  Here is the recipe that I am going to try next week sometime.  However, when I become a “pickler” I think I would like a cooler term to throw around next time I’m shopping mason jars.  Any thoughts?


No comments: